Welcome to the Connecticut Emissions Program

Connecticut general statutes require all vehicles operated on public roads to have a valid and current registration. If your registration is expired, or you do not have marker plates on your vehicle, you may visit your local DMV branch office, and obtain a temporary registration. Alternatively, if you do not obtain a temporary registration, you may have your vehicle towed to an emissions test center, to have it tested.